Sunday, May 30, 2010

District 9 ....wow



if you haven't seen it yet, get hold of a copy of District 9 and prepare for one of the more interesting movies you will see in a while.








Have a look at the movie's extraordinary original promo website here, too (it's been around for a while, the movie: released in 2009)

Great little game here too

I watched it on the plane on my iPhone recently - so the big-screen effects were completely lost - and yet even so, I found it compulsive viewing.

Perhaps it was those South African accents. I don't know, it just kept me hooked. A good reworking of aliens-come-to-earth and aliens vs humans; so many different intertexts all through the movie, made it all very interesting. Towards the end it became a bit laboured, but that was after two hours at least of being under its spell.

Thanks Iain!

No comments:

Post a Comment